Saturday, September 8, 2007

I’ve been thinking about frogs…

I Kissed a Frog and Discovered a Prince! (Twice)

I received several new frogs for my birthday this year. Why? Because Darryl and I share an inside joke about a frog from an experience a few years ago and more and more people are finding out about it. That was all there was to it until I received an e-mail with a Scriptural acronym for FROG – (F)ully (R)ely (O)n (G)od.
Prompted to look below the surface for deeper significance, I experienced another faith-enhancing adventure poking around the height and breadth and depth of God. I ended up in Isaiah 40 verses 28-31 (ESV) marveling over the awesome truth once again that God can be completely trusted NO MATTER WHAT!

FULLY Totally confident
Have you not known? Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
RELY I will soar with strength when I am
He does not faint or grow weary; His understanding is unsearchable.
He gives power to the faint,
and to him who has no might He increases strength.
ON completely captivated by the
Even youths shall faint and be weary,
and young men shall fall exhausted;
but they who wait on the Lord
GOD Creator and Ruler of the universe!
shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

It has been my delight to discover TWO princes during my lifetime – an earthly one and a heavenly one. What more could a girl ask for?

In everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus!
I Thessalonians 5:18 (NASB)

###

July 2003

No comments: