Saturday, September 8, 2007

I’ve been thinking about sparkle…

TWINKLE, TWINKLE, SHIMMER, SPARKLE
GOD REJOICES OVER ME
ONLY WHEN I REST IN BEING TREASURED
CAN I BE THE LIGHT I LONG TO BE!



At this stage of my life, I find myself with an undeniable desire to “sparkle” as a mature daughter of God. To sparkle means to give off bright, moving points of light. I found a Scriptural basis in Daniel 12:3, “And those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the sky above, and those who turn many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever.” (ESV)

I know I am a light bearer and I want to be a good one. But how? Here are some practical ideas for all of God’s “sparklers”!


Glowing character
A virtuous wife is worth more than precious rubies. Proverbs 31:10 NLT

Glittering joy
When dreams come true, there is life and joy. Proverbs 13:12 NLT

Shimmering hope
The hopes of the godly result in happiness. Proverbs 10:28 NLT

Blazing courage
God rescues the godly from danger. Proverbs 11:8 NLT

Lustrous laughter
She laughs with no fear of the future. Proverbs 31:25 NLT

Radiant trust
Those who fear the Lord are secure. Proverbs 14:26 NLT

Flashing smile
A glad heart makes a happy face. Proverbs 15:13 NLT

Glistening grace
Your own soul is nourished when you are kind. Proverbs 11:17 NLT

Luminous love
Disregarding another person’s faults preserves love. Proverbs 17:9 NLT

Shining wisdom
From a wise mind comes wise speech. Proverbs 16:23 NLT


The way of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, which shines even brighter until the full light of day.
Proverbs 4:18

###

June 2005

No comments: