Thursday, September 6, 2007

I’ve been thinking about mothering…

A Mother’s Prayer

Father God, thank you for the gift of motherhood. Psalm 127:3
I dedicate each of my children to You. Proverbs 22:6
Use me to prepare them for the occupation and ministry
You planned for them before the foundation of the world. Ephesians 1:3, 4

Thank you for the capacity to sacrificially love, 1 Corinthians 13:7
and affectionately like the children You designed for me. Titus 2:4
When I am weak in my ability to love - enlarge my heart. Psalm 119:32
Fortify my resolution to train them diligently in the
discipline and instruction taught in Your Word. Ephesians 6:4
Cloak my conduct with gentleness and kindness. 1 Peter 3:4 & Proverbs 31:26

Implant Your dreams and desires in their hearts. Psalm 37:4
Give them faith to believe that with You nothing is impossible. Luke 1:37
Inspire them to obey You with risk-taking and passionate choices. Colossians 3:1, 2

Give them wisdom to stand against the world James 1:5
squeezing them into its mold – Daniel 1:8
the desire to indulge and possess and impress. 1 John 2:16
Instead, may Your Spirit transform their minds day by day. Romans 12:2
Show them Your tenderness and compassion, Psalm 103:13, 14
as they come to know You intimately, 2 Corinthians 6:16
delight in You constantly Psalm 40:8
and trust You completely. Proverbs 3:5

And finally -
Stir their passion for Your will. Philippians 2:13
Nurture their potential for Your purpose. Philippians 1:6
Refine their character for Your Kingdom. 2 Peter 1:5-8
Seal their legacy as shooting stars for Your glory. 1 Corinthians 10:13

I ask this in the name of our Lord and Savior,
Jesus Christ. John 15:16

Amen.

###

March 2001

No comments: